Politecnico di Torino
Politecnico di Torino was founded in 1859 as Technical School for Engineers, and it became Regio Politecnico di Torino in 1906.
A long history, which bore out the University as a reference point for education and research in Italy and in Europe, a Research University of international level which attracts students from 120 countries and which activates about 800 collaborations per year with industries, public institutions and local organizations.
For more than 150 years, the Politecnico di Torino has been one of the most prestigious public institutions at both the International and the Italian levels concerning education, research, technological transfer and services in all sectors of architecture and engineering.
The attention to theoretical and applied research, the knowledge and development of cutting edge technologies, the concreteness and realism concerning the management of a manufacturing process or the organization of a service, the care of functionality without ignoring design, the analysis and proposition of solutions to the challenges of the society of today in order to plan a sustainable future: graduates from the Politecnico di Torino receive an education that goes far beyond technical knowledge.
Politecnico overview and data are available at: